Turkish Airlines Copyright © 1996 - 2013.
- News / Ankndigungen
- An alle Passagiere, die am Flughafen Sabiha Gökçen umsteigen(14.05.2013)
- Information für Transferpassagiere über Sabiha Gökçen(26.04.2013)
- To the Attention of Sabiha Gökçen Connecting Flight Passengers(14.05.2013)
- Changed on Customer Relations Centre e-Mail Address(19.02.2013)
- Warning: Attention to Fake E-mails(20.02.2013)
- Reiseinformationen für Fluggaste von - aus Europa(14.11.2012)
To attention of passengers travelling from London to Turkey or transferring through London:
15.08.2006Security at all UK airports has been increased and additional security measures are in place with immediate effect.
Therefore all passengers travelling from a UK airport or transferring between flights at a UK airport will be subject to the following restrictions:
All cabin baggage must be processed as hold baggage except for the following items:
• Pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (for example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags)
• Travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports and travel tickets)
• Prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential for the flight (e.g. diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless verified as authentic
• Spectacles and sunglasses without cases
• Contact lens holders, without bottles of solution
• For those travelling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams and nappy disposal bags)
• Female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (e.g. tampons, pads, towels and wipes)
• Tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs
• Keys (but no electrical key fobs)
All passengers must be hand searched, and their footwear and all the items they are carrying must be x-ray screened.
Pushchairs and walking aids must be x-ray screened, and only airport-provided wheelchairs may pass through the screening point.
In addition to the above, all passengers boarding a flight to the USA and all the items they are carrying, including those acquired after the central screening point, must be subjected to secondary search at the boarding gate. Any liquids discovered must be removed from the passenger.
There are no changes to current hold baggage security measures.
Regrettably, delays are inevitable, some of which may be significant. Passengers should ensure that they configure their luggage as in line with the new requirements before arriving at the airport and must allow themselves sufficient extra time.
Turkish Airlines will do everything possible to ensure a smooth transition through the airport, but we would ask passengers to be patient and to cooperate fully with all airport security requests.