- Music of the world at İş Sanat
- Jazz fun begins
- December at Babylon
- Exciting nights at Balance
- Tango Pasion at Maslak
- Open Sesame!
- Silk Road films pass through Bursa
- History and cinema meet for the 9th time
- They loved Turkey
- Genghis Khan is coming
- Contemporary art in Istanbul
- ‘Opening and closing doors of life’
- Palace storage chests...
- What André Kertész saw and felt
- Marking the 150th anniversary of the Crimean War...
- Nature and nature
- Mithat Bereket’s ‘Compass’
- Nedim Günsür retrospective
- The vibrant sculptures of Mehmet Aksoy
- a 24-hour-a-day exhibition
- Civil Aviation at the end of 2006
- “The customer is my all”
- Skylife trademark is registered
- ‘444 0 THY’ is most successful call center
- Professional Competence Workshop held at Turkish Airlines
- Special talks for Turkish Airlines’ cabin personnel
- Turkish Airlines promotes Turkey in Prague and Dublin
- Turkish Airlines’ Rostov office has a new address
- ‘Here, there and everywhere’ for 111 Euros
- Luck puts a smile on your face at www.thy.com!
- Teachers fly at half price
- Direct flights to 10 more cities
- Turkish Airlines to transport 100,000 pilgrims to Mecca
- Turkish Airlines celebrates World Children’s Day
The Istanbul State Opera and Ballet, which is kicking off the 2006-2007 season with ‘Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves’, is entertaining music lovers in December with a cult opera and a number of ballets and musicals.
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, a two-act opera taken from the Thousand and One Nights, is being resurrected this year after a 15-year interval. The work, composed and directed by orchestra conductor Selman Ada, will be performed at Atatürk Culture Center (ACC) on 7 and 23 December. Other items on the month’s program include Karl Ludwig’s musical comedy, ‘In Search of a Tenor’, 5 and 19 December; a three-act ballet, ‘İçimdeki Hüzün / İşte Mutluluk Bu / Tango Aksiyon’, consisting of works by musicians such as Ömer Faruk Tekbilek, Kudsi Erguner, Oscar Petitford and Astor Piazzola, 8 and 22 December; Mozart’s ‘The Magic Flute’, 14 December; and ‘West Side Story’ on 20 December. All at ACC.
Tel: (0212) 251 56 00