- Independent films at !fistanbul!
- A whiff of China in Istanbul
- Two prizes for Turkey in the Dakar Rally
- International environment conference in Lefkoşa
- Award goes to ATM Dalaman International Terminal
- Istanbul through the eyes of two poets
- Discovering Sinan in Istanbul
- Music of the world at Iş Sanat
- garajistanbul, a new Istanbul art center
- Three new exhibitions at Pera Museum
- Istanbul in travel diaries
- Turkey through the Magnum lens
- Unforgettable nights at the Ankara Palas
- Abdülcanbaz in Izmir
- Nostalgic journey at the Gallery of Communications
- ‘Cats, Dogs, Birds’
- Traditional and modern side by side
Unforgettable nights at the Ankara Palas
The Vehbi Koç Foundation’s Vehbi Koç and Ankara Research Center (VEKAM) is hosting a special exhibition for the purpose of showing Ankara social life in the Republican period in a new light.
The exhibition, covering the years 1924-1969, includes upwards of 70 evening dresses and ball gowns as well as tails and tuxedoes and over 50 different accessories, all worn in select venues, primarily the Ankara Palas hotel. Titled ‘Scenes from Unforgettable Ankara Palas Nights’, the exhibition runs at the VEKAM halls through 27 February.
Tel: (0312) 355 20 27