- Independent films at !fistanbul!
- A whiff of China in Istanbul
- Two prizes for Turkey in the Dakar Rally
- International environment conference in Lefkoşa
- Award goes to ATM Dalaman International Terminal
- Istanbul through the eyes of two poets
- Discovering Sinan in Istanbul
- Music of the world at Iş Sanat
- garajistanbul, a new Istanbul art center
- Three new exhibitions at Pera Museum
- Istanbul in travel diaries
- Turkey through the Magnum lens
- Unforgettable nights at the Ankara Palas
- Abdülcanbaz in Izmir
- Nostalgic journey at the Gallery of Communications
- ‘Cats, Dogs, Birds’
- Traditional and modern side by side
A whiff of China in Istanbul
Winner of 18 gold medals, the Chinese National Acrobatic Company, which defies gravity and turns the laws of physics upside down, is performing at the TİM-Türker İnanoğlu Maslak Showcenter as part of their world tour.
With a history going back 3000 years, Chinese acrobatics are regarded as ‘the pearl of the Far Eastern arts’. The ‘China Soul’ show, which is based on this culture, combines acrobatics with opera, dance and the martial arts. The brilliant costumes, original stage design, and extremely advanced sound and light compositions will bring spectators a panorama of the art forms characteristic of the various dynasties in Chinese history. This magnificent show, which is being brought to Turkey with the backing of the office of the Chinese Cultural Attaché, runs from 1 through 7 February.
Tel: (0212) 286 66 86