- Independent films at !fistanbul!
- A whiff of China in Istanbul
- Two prizes for Turkey in the Dakar Rally
- International environment conference in Lefkoşa
- Award goes to ATM Dalaman International Terminal
- Istanbul through the eyes of two poets
- Discovering Sinan in Istanbul
- Music of the world at Iş Sanat
- garajistanbul, a new Istanbul art center
- Three new exhibitions at Pera Museum
- Istanbul in travel diaries
- Turkey through the Magnum lens
- Unforgettable nights at the Ankara Palas
- Abdülcanbaz in Izmir
- Nostalgic journey at the Gallery of Communications
- ‘Cats, Dogs, Birds’
- Traditional and modern side by side
Discovering Sinan in Istanbul
Yapı Yayınları has published a book entitled ‘Sinan’s Istanbul’ for those who would like to get to know all of Mimar Sinan’s works in the city.
In the nature of a guide, written by Prof. Dr. Reha Günay, it is a rich reference with close to 500 photographs, maps, drawings and stories about the great architect’s works, which can be discovered more easily now by strolling the route outlined with this book in hand. Günay, who divides the city into six zones, not only describes the works, but also discusses in detail how Ottoman architecture developed under Sinan and his impact on the architects that followed him.