- Independent films at !fistanbul!
- A whiff of China in Istanbul
- Two prizes for Turkey in the Dakar Rally
- International environment conference in Lefkoşa
- Award goes to ATM Dalaman International Terminal
- Istanbul through the eyes of two poets
- Discovering Sinan in Istanbul
- Music of the world at Iş Sanat
- garajistanbul, a new Istanbul art center
- Three new exhibitions at Pera Museum
- Istanbul in travel diaries
- Turkey through the Magnum lens
- Unforgettable nights at the Ankara Palas
- Abdülcanbaz in Izmir
- Nostalgic journey at the Gallery of Communications
- ‘Cats, Dogs, Birds’
- Traditional and modern side by side
garajistanbul, a new Istanbul art center
Istanbul’s modern new center for the performing arts, garajistanbul has opened in Beyoğlu Galatasaray.
Aiming to play a major role in Istanbul as European Cultural Capital in 2010 with its original design and ‘multicultural, participatory, independent’ approach, garajistanbul is hosting everything from theater and literary readings to concerts and contemporary dance. ‘Rast-Gele’, created by Beyhan Murphy, founder of the Modern Dance Ensemble, together with four young choreographers from the Contemporary Dance discipline, starts on 12 February, with repeat performances on 13, 19 and 20 February. The Taldans group’s one-act presentation ‘Solum’, which has played to wide acclaim at Europe’s leading dance festivals, will welcome dance lovers on 5-6 February. To be followed on 14 February by Sema, first guest of garajistanbul’s Musical Nights, and by Feryal Öney on 17 February.
Tel: (0212) 244 44 99