- Independent films at !fistanbul!
- A whiff of China in Istanbul
- Two prizes for Turkey in the Dakar Rally
- International environment conference in Lefkoşa
- Award goes to ATM Dalaman International Terminal
- Istanbul through the eyes of two poets
- Discovering Sinan in Istanbul
- Music of the world at Iş Sanat
- garajistanbul, a new Istanbul art center
- Three new exhibitions at Pera Museum
- Istanbul in travel diaries
- Turkey through the Magnum lens
- Unforgettable nights at the Ankara Palas
- Abdülcanbaz in Izmir
- Nostalgic journey at the Gallery of Communications
- ‘Cats, Dogs, Birds’
- Traditional and modern side by side
Three new exhibitions at Pera Museum
The Suna and İnan Kıraç Foundation Pera Museum is hosting three major exhibitions simultaneously.
Among them, ‘A Selection from the Millet Manuscript Library: Ali Emiri Efendi and His World, Firmans, Berats, Calligraphy, Books’, includes the single extant copy of the first dictionary of the Turkish language, the Divanu Lugati’t Türk, compiled by Mahmut of Kashgar in the 11th century. This exhibition runs through 1 July. The other two exhibitions are ‘Chermayeff & Geismar: Emblems, Logos and Designs of the Last 50 Years’, consisting of works by two of the world’s biggest names in graphic design, Ivan Chermayeff and Tom Geismar, and ‘Ivan Chermayeff: Collages and Figurines’. Both run through 25 March.
Tel: (0212) 334 99 00