- 74th anniversary excitement at Turkish Airlines
- Poets meet in Beyoğlu
- Turkish Airlines is transportation sponsor for Turkey’s National Olympics Committee
- Turkish Airlines is official airline of International Archery Federation
- Civil aviation talks between Turkey and Moldova
- Flights to Batum get under way
- Turkish Airlines in South Africa again…
- More flights to Cairo
- New appointment to Turkish Airlines board
- Turkish Airlines’ target: a ‘Precise Operation’
- Support for job health and safety from THY Technic
- Turkish Airlines stands by golf stars of the future
- Change at Munich Terminal
- Turkish Airlines support for Red Crescent
- Civil Aviation General Director thanks Turkish Airlines employees
- Turkish Airlines’ opens new CIP Lounge in Ankara
- Talks get under way on Turkish Airlines-Skytrax cooperation
See Tekirdağ from the air!
Turkey has acquired a new paragliding site.
The site, which was created at Uçmakdere following initiatives coordinated by the Office of the Governor of Tekirdağ Province, has the distinction of being the only runway at the seashore in the Marmara region. Pilots launch from the 600-meter hill at Yeniköy and land at Ayvasıl in Uçmakdere. One of the outstanding features of the takeoff hill is that it allows takeoffs in northeasterly, easterly, southeasterly and southwesterly winds. Paragliders may stay aloft anywhere from
10 minutes to two hours.
The new site has already earned the admiration of paragliding enthusiasts from Tekirdağ and neighboring provinces who came for Hıdrellez Culture Day and the 1st Uçmakdere Paragliding Festival on 6 May. The festival was enhanced by folk dancing displays, paraglider launches, demonstrations by the Sailing Club and the participation of local artists.