- Stanko Abadzic in Istanbul
- A ‘dot’ exhibition in Ankara
- An exhibition of fiber art in London
- An exhibition of original prints
- ‘Kaleiçi Satılık’
- METU art festival to get under way
- Jazz Festival enters 17th year
- Golden Orange time at Antalya
- Five days in Istanbul
- Rhythm brings cultures together
- October films being shown
- Operas, musicals and children’s plays
- New art season in Izmir
- Izmir is candidate for EXPO 2015
- Turkish Airlines starts winter timetable
- Turkish Airlines is back in South Africa
- Important announcement for passengers to Japan
- 14th Annual Aviation Symposium held
- Turkish Airlines Flight Academy produces first graduates
- Flexible Fare Viewing System at Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines’ announcement
- Turkish Airlines and SwissAir become frequent flyer partners
- Turkish Airlines, bringing the Mediterranean to the fair!
- An official certificate of appreciation to Turkish Airlines
- 111’s of the month
Izmir is candidate for EXPO 2015
One of the Aegean’s most attractive areas of habitation for millennia and home to countless civilizations, cultures and unmatched architectural wonders, Izmir is now a candidate for hosting the world’s biggest exhibition, EXPO, in 2015. Its rival in the selection, which will be made in March 2008, is Milan.
Previous years EXPO’s were concentrated in Western Europe, North America and the Far East. Izmir is a candidate for the first EXPO to be held not only in Turkey but in all the neighboring countries.
‘New Ways for a Better World and Health for Everyone’ is the theme, reflecting the common problems, expectations and searches for solutions of all countries in the world regardless of their level of development. EXPO promises to contribute to these efforts in harmony with the United Nations Millennia Development Targets which are expected to be met in 2015. With its legacy of the Asklepion, the first medical center of antiquity founded in the name of the health god Asklepios in the 4th century B.C., its Agamemnon thermal baths, and Galen, one of the most important physicians of ancient times and the father of pharmacology, Izmir has been the at the heart of the science of medicine from then right up to today. What’s more, based on the theme of health for the first time in its history, EXPO is going to enable Izmir to sustain its historic mission. Mobilized for EXPO 2015, where some 40 million visitors are expected, Izmir is working to bring this giant event to Turkey somehow or other and looking forward to the selection in 2008.