- Biennale time in Istanbul
- Phaselis music festival enters fifth year
- Şişli Symphony Orchestra in Strasbourg
- Rock festival to begin
- Galata photographs at Istanbul Modern
- Selections from a decade
- Pistacchio Art and Culture Festival
- Blind date
- Finnish glass in Istanbul
- Dance and music come together
- City of a hundred names
- Pages that speak…
- September highs at GG
- Modern art days at Unkapanı
- Designers on the Galata Bridge
- A new gallery at Tepebaşı
- Mustafa Horasan’s ‘Control Room’
- Santralistanbul is opening!
- Pierre Loti’s marionettes
- Hybrid Narratives
Phaselis music festival enters fifth year
The 5th Phaselis Festival is being held this year 2-9 September.
The festival, which will take place in the Theater of the Ancient City of Phaselis, liberated from the Persians by Alexander the Great, is hosting many special concerts again this year. Kicking off the festival is a concert on the evening of 2 September by renowned Turkish pianist İdil Biret with the Orchestra of the Eskişehir Metropolitan Municipality under the direction of İbrahim Yazıcı. To be followed by a special ceremony by the Modern Lovers of Mevlânâ Ensemble, which attracts thousands of tourists to Konya every year, on 3 September; folk music singer Sabahat Akkıraz and composer and performer Cem Yıldız on 5 September; and jazz vocalist Sibel Köse and the Passiflora Jazz Band on the evening of 7 September. The festival will close with a concert by the popular Turkish singer Nilüfer.
Tel: (0242) 814 59 11