- Partnership agreement with All Nippon Airlines
- Turkish Airlines continues to add more flights
- Istanbul-Sinop flights get under way
- Turkish Airlines offers Istanbul tour for transit passengers
- Foundation laid for Turkish Airlines Engine Maintenance Center
- Turkish Airlines opens Amasya-Merzifon Airport
Museumcard era to commence
Introduced by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and TÜRSAB, Turkey's first 'Museumcard' will enable art lovers and culture buffs to tour the nation's museums to their hearts' content.
Issued in just sixty seconds, the photo-bearing card turns museum visits into a cultural activity in which everyone in the country can take part. The historic monuments, treasures and cultural riches of Anatolia, home to many different civilizations down the ages, can be visited easily and cheaply with the new Museumcard, which can be purchased at all museums and archaeological sites attached to the Culture and Tourism Ministry as well as over the internet. To buy a Museumcard, just apply with a photo ID to the Museumcard Central Office or one of its points of sale, or to a TÜRSAB agent.