- Exhibition on the world of women
- A foamy exhibition
- “Dead or alive, if I were a line drawing...”
- Palace tailors’ records open to public
- Yahya Kemal's private writings go public
- Istanbul through Italian eyes...
- Art in felt
- Peace concert at Brussels: 'Music Beyond the Conflicts”
- A synthesis of “Kemence” and Jazz
- New Year concerts by Borusan Philharmonic
- Transportation support for Turkey-Baghdad trade relations
- Turkish Airlines announces 9-month net profit of TL 668 million
- Tourism Transport 'Oscar' goes to Turkish Airlines...
- Turkish Airlines' Hajj Pilgrimage flights get under way
- New food offerings on Turkish Airlines
- 2009 strategies discussed in Hungary
- Interest in 'e-Consulate' is growing by the day
- Turkish Airlines' management meet at Kartepe
Art in felt
A member of the Felt Producers' Association of Turkey, painter Mükerrem Turhan is bringing art lovers his 7th traditional solo exhibition at the Konya Metropolitan Municipality's Mevlana (Rumi) Culture Center from 1 through 17 December.
The artist, who in his recent work has turned to the use of natural-dyed felt in place of traditional paints and brushes, has adopted a narrative style that combines this dying technique with composition. Also included are syntheses of various motifs and figures characteristic of Anatolia, cradle of civilizations, in this exhibition which focuses on a philosophy symbolizing universal peace and identifies with Mevlana (Rumi), its main theme, and his infinite tolerance.