- “Adventure İstiklal” commences
- A brand new book about Istanbul
- Winds of Troy
- “Possibilities, Intuitions, Formulations About Istanbul”
- “The Paris of the Ottomans” at OBM
- Jazz ablaze in Istanbul
- Renowned guitarist David Knopfler in Eskişehir!
- 9th International Antalya Piano Festival begins
- A “Mevlana” album by Şefika Kutluer
- 7-CD “Ottoman Mosaic”
- Turkish Airlines - United Airlines joint flights
- New Domestic CIP Lounge opened at Dalaman
- New Lufthansa - Turkish Airlines joint flights
- Turkish Airlines is main transport sponsor of CIOFF
- ‘Sides of Istanbul’ to be exhibited in Kuwait
- New flights and new routes on the winter timetable
- Turkish Airlines promotion for Miles&Smiles members
9th International Antalya Piano Festival begins
The 9th International Antalya Piano Festival will bring music lovers a number of world-renowned pianists between 7 and 23 November.
A town mayor will appear as soloist for the first time in Turkey at the opening concert of the festival under art director Fazıl Say. Menderes Türel, Mayor of the Antalya Metropolitan Municipality, will perform J.S. Bach's piano concerto in F minor (BWV 1056), accompanied by the Antalya State Opera and Ballet Orchestra under the direction of Gürer Aykal. Following Türel, Fazıl Say will perform his own 3rd piano concerto, “Silence of Anatolia”, as well as Beethoven's Choral Fantasy.
One of the world's leading chamber music ensembles under conductor Vladimir Spivakov, the Virtuosi of Moscow, who performed at last year's opening concert with Fazıl Say, will give a special concert at this year's festival as the 'Festival Orchestra'. The festival, which includes Ivo Pogorelich, described by Fazıl Say as 'my idol', is also hosting piano virtuosos such as Lise de la Salle, Hüseyin Sermet, Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Sa Chen and Alexander Gindin.
Tel: (0 242) 238 54 44