- “Adventure İstiklal” commences
- A brand new book about Istanbul
- Winds of Troy
- “Possibilities, Intuitions, Formulations About Istanbul”
- “The Paris of the Ottomans” at OBM
- Jazz ablaze in Istanbul
- Renowned guitarist David Knopfler in Eskişehir!
- 9th International Antalya Piano Festival begins
- A “Mevlana” album by Şefika Kutluer
- 7-CD “Ottoman Mosaic”
- Turkish Airlines - United Airlines joint flights
- New Domestic CIP Lounge opened at Dalaman
- New Lufthansa - Turkish Airlines joint flights
- Turkish Airlines is main transport sponsor of CIOFF
- ‘Sides of Istanbul’ to be exhibited in Kuwait
- New flights and new routes on the winter timetable
- Turkish Airlines promotion for Miles&Smiles members
Jazz ablaze in Istanbul
Belleruche and the Five Corners Quintet are the November surprises of the “Garanti Jazz Green” concerts.
The two surprise groups will appear on 21 and 22 November. The secret of the Five Corners Quintet, made up of Helsinki's most talented musicians, is that they are able to bring the listener a jazz music without limits. Their music, which incorporates experiments injected with genres such as a non-House nu-jazz or rock - hip hop but simultaneously embodying the spirit of classical jazz, takes the listener back to the early sixties and the rhythms of the Latin countries. The London-based group Belleruche, which creates songs touched by a number of artists from DJ Vadim to Nina Simone and Jimi Hendrix, take the listener on a relaxing, melodic and energetic adventure.