- “ M e l a n c h o l i s t a n b u l ”
- Innovative designs for Istanbul
- “Becoming Istanbul”
- Two new exhibitions at Istanbul Modern
- A special selection of Fikret Mualla's works
- Marble statues from Aphrodisias in Istanbul
- World's most spectacular musical comes to Istanbul
- 'Jazz Moods in the City' to start soon
- Special concert by Milva da Rossa
- Harlem Globetrotters in Turkey for three exhibitions!
- Legendary rock group R.E.M. in Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines, Europe's 7th biggest
- Deutsche Messe and Turkish Airlines Promotional Tour in Istanbul
- Shop&Miles continues to fly with Garanti
- Miles&Smiles members will be able to upgrade on 13 airlines
- AnadoluJet starts Hatay - North Cyprus flights
- Turkish Airlines third in Europe in inflight entertainment
- Turkish Airlines in Baghdad after 17 years...
Marble statues from Aphrodisias in Istanbul
Yapı Kredi's Vedat Nedim Tör Museum is going to host the marble statuary of the ancient city of Aphrodisias, dedicated to Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty.
A total of 52 statues, 51 from the Aphrodisias Museum and one from the Istanbul Archaeological Museums, are included in the exhibition, which is titled 'Aphrodisias and Roman Portraiture' and will shed light on the marble statuary of the city, one of the leading centers of sculpture of its time. The exhibition, which is being mounted by Yapı Kredi Art and Culture Publications, Inc. in cooperation with the Museums and Cultural Assets Department of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, can be visited from 26 September 2008 through 25 January 2009. Tel: (0212) 252 47 00