- Turkey to be Frankfurt Book Fair Guest of of Honor
- Çırağan Masters Golf Tournament Mania
- Zorro on ice!
- Two exhibitions abroad by Istanbul Modern
- Photographs of Jehsong Baak at Pg Art Gallery
- New edition of Eczacıbaşı Encyclopedia of Art!
- In Turkey for the first time in the world...
- Two Turkish films en route to Montreal Festival
- An offshore race from Nice to Istanbul
- Choice selections of classical music in a single album
- Leyla Gencer archives at Borusan Music Library
In Turkey for the first time in the world...
The memoirs of the renowned Orientalist painter Fausto Zonaro are being published in Turkey for the first time.
Fausto Zonaro arrived in Istanbul in 1891 and in 1896 was appointed Palace Painter by Abdülhamid II, a title he lost by a decree of the new government when the former palace staff was dissolved following the deposition of the sultan. Bitterly disappointed, Zonaro returned to his country in 1909. Now the memoirs that he wrote in 1924 have been collected in a book,titled 'Twenty Years under the Rule of Abdülhamid / The Works and Memoirs of Fausto Zonaro', meticulously assembled from its cover to its individual chapters and the visual materials arranged among them, and are being published in Turkey for the first time in the world.
Additionally, an exhibition of Zonaro's works, is being held at the Yapı Kredi Culture Center's Sermet Çifter Salon from 24 September through 1 November.
Tel: (0212) 252 47 00