- Turkey to be Frankfurt Book Fair Guest of of Honor
- Çırağan Masters Golf Tournament Mania
- Zorro on ice!
- Two exhibitions abroad by Istanbul Modern
- Photographs of Jehsong Baak at Pg Art Gallery
- New edition of Eczacıbaşı Encyclopedia of Art!
- In Turkey for the first time in the world...
- Two Turkish films en route to Montreal Festival
- An offshore race from Nice to Istanbul
- Choice selections of classical music in a single album
- Leyla Gencer archives at Borusan Music Library
Two Turkish films en route to Montreal Festival
Two Turkish films, 'Nokta' (Point) directed by Derviş Zaim and 'Sonbahar' (Autumn) directed by Özcan Alperi, have been invited to this year's International Montreal Film Festival.
Jointly produced by Baran Seyhan and director Derviş Zaim, with Mehmet Ali Nuroğlu, Serhat Kılıç, Settar Tanrıöğen and Şener Kökkaya sharing the lead roles, 'Nokta' will be shown in the 'Focus on World Cinema' section of the International Montreal Film Festival, to be held 21 August to 1 September. The film will continue its international festival journey at the Sarayevo Film Festival, in which it will also compete this year. Montreal's 'Focus on World Cinema' aims to ensure cultural diversity and dialogue between countries by bringing together films from around the world. 'Sonbahar', written and directed by Özcan Alper and produced by Serkan Acar, is also competing in the Locarno and Sarayevo film festivals, both of which are being held in August. The film, with Onur Saylak and Megi Koboladze in the lead roles, depicts the events that unfold when Yusuf returns to his country after a ten-year absence with a forensic medical report following a death fast.