- Turkey to be Frankfurt Book Fair Guest of of Honor
- Çırağan Masters Golf Tournament Mania
- Zorro on ice!
- Two exhibitions abroad by Istanbul Modern
- Photographs of Jehsong Baak at Pg Art Gallery
- New edition of Eczacıbaşı Encyclopedia of Art!
- In Turkey for the first time in the world...
- Two Turkish films en route to Montreal Festival
- An offshore race from Nice to Istanbul
- Choice selections of classical music in a single album
- Leyla Gencer archives at Borusan Music Library
An offshore race from Nice to Istanbul
The Mediterranean's only yacht competition on the open sea, Cap Istanbul will start from Nice on 14 September.
A Turkish sailor will also be racing this year on the demanding 1670-nautical mile course in which participants will compete solo. The race will end when the yachtsmen reach Istanbul on 11 October.
Olay Nautic, which started bringing one of Europe's leading sailing competitions, the Figaro races, to Turkey two years ago, is adding a novel element to this year's race by making it single-handed in its third season. Vedat Tezman from Turkey is competing in this year's race which has a budget of 3.5 million euros for 35 yachts and 2.8 million for the organization itself. Cap Istanbul's 150,000-euro grand prize will be shared among the top ten competitors in the final stage of the race.
Cap Istanbul 2008 program
13 September Demonstration race at Nice
14 September Nice-Sardinia 1st stage (370 nautical miles)
19 September Sardinia-Sicily 2nd stage (390 nautical miles)
25 September Sicily-Crete 3rd stage (500 nautical miles)
2 October Crete-Bozcaada 4th stage (300 nautical miles)
6 October Gelibolu-Istanbul 5th stage (110 nautical miles)
7 October Arrival in Istanbul
11 October Demonstration race on the Bosphorus