- Nuri İyem Painting Prize
- Enki Bilal in Istanbul!
- Rabbit Sleep
- Emel Vardar
- Suat Akdemir at Eskonsept
- Young Musical Talents Meet the Pros at Ayvalık
- 28th International Istanbul Film Festival Gets Under Way
- “Chromosome XX”
- Two Special Evenings with Alice Russell
- Jane Birkin Comes to Istanbul!
- Japanese ‘Heartbeat’ Drums to Beat in Istanbul
- Flights to Ufa (Russian Federation) Get Under Way
- Fares Starting From TL 79, Everything Included
- 45th Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey
- Turkish Airlines at ITB Berlin Fair
- New flights to Mashhad (Iran)
- Second, Connecting Flights Via Ankara Only TL 25 on AnadoluJet
- Mideast and Cyprus Regional Meeting in Cairo
- Turkish Airlines Takes “Best Marketing Award”
- Turkish Airlines at Yalta Tourism Fair
- 12th World Congress on Public Health in Istanbul
Suat Akdemir at Eskonsept
Suat Akdemir, whose work recently found a buyer at the Turkish Contemporary Art auction held at Sotheby’s London on 4 March, is bringing art lovers works culled from his projects of the last two years at Eskonsept’s new location from 9 April to 16 May.
Sotheby’s London’s recent Turkish Contemporary Art Auction drew the attention of the foreign press to modern Turkish Art. “There is a sudden flurry of activity around Turkish contemporary art” wrote the Financial Times on 21 February, “which some experts are tipping as the newest emerging market.”
Akdemir, born in 1960, uses now burnt, now worn or torn spaces, uniting them in a single, densely textured surface. In the canvases he has abandoned to nature he incorporates the marks of time in the working process itself, creating sculpturesque paintings. A ‘construction’ sculpture the artist created out of 4,000 photographs he took on a 6,000-km bicycle trip in 2002 as well as a recent ‘self-portrait’ can also be seen in the exhibition.
Tel: (0212) 356 94 68