- Welcome Aboard
- Istanbul’s 1,600 Year-Old Harbor Theodosius
- Eber Lake
- Istanbul is Ready For The Onslaught
- 2010 World Basketball Championship
- Is Istanbul the world’s new fashion capital?
- Haluk Bilginer
- Games Of The Digital Age
- Underwater Hockey
- The tastes that flew away
- The Taurus Mountains
- A New Address for Art: Istanbul
- Cultures At The Cinematic Crossroad
- 1001 Documentaries
- Beautiful, but does it work?
- A Journey Through Historic Ankara
- Love By Any Other Name
- Could This Be The Last Album?
- Warm Winter Concerts
- Izmir Culture Workshop: Setting an Example
- Three Exhibitions In Berlin
- Mountain Films En Route To Paris
- A City An Author
- Russia Facing Europe
Mountain Films En Route To Paris
‘Held in March every year, Turkey’s Mountain Film Festival is making its way to Paris. Marking its fifth year, the event is this year’s guest of honor at the ‘Autrans International Film Festival “Mountains and Adventure”, December 2-6. As well as films, the festival includes a large number of competitions, interviews and exhibitions.
ART IN MIAMI
Switzerland’s ArtBasel sister fair, ArtBasel Miami Beach will take place at Art Deco District December 3-6. Upwards of 2,000 artists and 250 galleries are taking part in the event, which brings together contemporary art, music, film, architecture and design.
FROM THE TURKISH SEASON...
‘The Turkish Season in France’ is continuing apace. Noteworthy events in December include a selection of videos at the Pompidou Center, the ‘Variations’ exhibition at Credac d’Ivry, Levent Morgök’s ‘Relief’ at the Galerie Celal, and video artist Ömer Ali Kazma’s latest work at Roubaix Espace Croisé.
PEACE CONCERT IN CYPRUS
Cyprus is hosting a fascinating classical music concert on December 2. Ledra Palace Hotel’s ballroom is the venue for this concert, organized by the Association of Artists for Peace (ADAP) with United Nations backing. Pianist Hüseyin Sermet will represent Turkey at the concert, which will also feature pianists Cyprien Katsaris representing Southern Cyprus, George E. Lazaridis representing Greece and Rüya Tamer representing the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.