- In praise of shadow
- Film workshop for children
- A book about the story of books in Turkey
- The Italians through the eyes of Bruno Barbey
- Through the eyes of an Alaska native...
- Wild one in the kitchen
- Creative solutions from !f Istanbul
- !f Inspired/Keş!f International Film Competition
- Tourism sector to meet at EMITT 2009
- The 5th World Water Forum
- Shooting of promotional film with Kevin Costner is completed
- Turkish Airlines adds new flight destinations
- Adana Airport Domestic Terminal C.I.P. Lounge undergoes renovation
- Turkish Airlines expands fleet to 127
- Change in baggage allowance to New York and Chicago
- Change in Istanbul-Chicago-Istanbul flights
- Invitation to 'First Class'!
- Flavors of Anatolia on AnadoluJet
In praise of shadow
In its new exhibition, 'In Praise of Shadow', the Istanbul Modern Art Museum invites art lovers to discover the impact of traditional shadow theater on cinema and contemporary art.
The exhibition brings together the most important works of eight modern artists from seven different countries and two cinema masters from the first half of the 20th century.
Sponsored by the European Union Culture Program, the exhibition represents the first-ever cooperation between Istanbul Modern, the Modern Art Museum of Ireland and the Benaki Museum. Curated by Paolo Colombo, 'In Praise of Shadow' reflects the impact on contemporary art of shadow theater, which has its roots in Turkey and Greece. Including more than 100 works, the exhibition includes projects based on folk tales or simple modern narratives as well as shadow theater, silhouettes, drawings, texts, manuscripts and films. Through 6 May. Tel: (0212) 334 73 31