- Istanbul-Zagreb flights at ten years
- Istanbul-Belgrade flights upped to 5 per week
- New steps by Turkish Airlines and Egypt Airlines
- Turkish Airlines introduces flights to Birmingham (England)
- “First Class” service on Turkish Airlines 3 Boeing 777's
- Uşak and Çanakkale flights get under Way
- Redeeming Miles&Smiles award tickets now easier than ever
- TRT to broadcast in 30 languages trt-world.com
'Golden Routes' project sets out
Commencing on 2 December with the backing of the Istanbul 2010 European Culture Capital Agency, the Golden Routes project is going to bring the modern art and artists of Turkey to Europe in a number of artistic events to be held along four different routes through 29 cities in 18 countries through the year 2010.
The first phase of the project got underway with 'In the Footsteps of Jules Verne/A Black Sea Journey'. This phase will trace the route home found by Keraban Ağa, the main protagonist of the eponymous novel, 'İnatçı Keraban Ağa', after a tax was levied on him by the sultan in the 19th century. Events will be organized in the cities of Varna in Bulgaria, Constance in Rumania, Odessa in Ukraine, Sochi in Russia and Batumi in Georgia, all of which lie on the route.
Continuing into the Balkans in April-May 2009, the project will go through Bulgaria, Macedonia, Kosovo, Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina 'In the Footsteps of Evliya Çelebi'. In its third phase, 'In the Footsteps of Piri Reis', it aims to bring the cultures of the Mediterranean together in various cities of Spain, France, Italy and Greece. The project's fourth and final phase, 'In the Footsteps of Franz Lizst', will end in the Hungarian city of Pecs.