- Istanbul-Zagreb flights at ten years
- Istanbul-Belgrade flights upped to 5 per week
- New steps by Turkish Airlines and Egypt Airlines
- Turkish Airlines introduces flights to Birmingham (England)
- “First Class” service on Turkish Airlines 3 Boeing 777's
- Uşak and Çanakkale flights get under Way
- Redeeming Miles&Smiles award tickets now easier than ever
- TRT to broadcast in 30 languages trt-world.com
Turkey's first Seashell Center
The 'Can Geyran Seashell Center', where close to 300 seashells, including some quite unusual species from the seas of the world, from Turkey in particular, are being exhibited in a 400-square-meter area, is opening at Dragos at 11 a.m. on 13 January. Turkey's first-ever Seashell Center, it aims to serve Turkish and foreign researchers who are contributing to a seashell inventory by creating a data base where they can come together with seashell collectors.
The Center was founded by Kemal Geyran in the name his son, Can Geyran, a nature and sports enthusiast who died of a heart attack in 2007 playing paintball while a student in the Economics Department of Virginia Tech University.