- Istanbul-Zagreb flights at ten years
- Istanbul-Belgrade flights upped to 5 per week
- New steps by Turkish Airlines and Egypt Airlines
- Turkish Airlines introduces flights to Birmingham (England)
- “First Class” service on Turkish Airlines 3 Boeing 777's
- Uşak and Çanakkale flights get under Way
- Redeeming Miles&Smiles award tickets now easier than ever
- TRT to broadcast in 30 languages trt-world.com
An exhibition on time
The seventh in a cycle of exhibitions called İstiklâl Adventure, curated by René Block, features artist Cengiz Çekil, who invites art lovers to consider 'time' in his exhibition, “What Time Is It?” Çekil, who has treated both universal themes and Turkey's recent history since the 1970's, never fails to produce striking examples of topical art.
In this new show, Çekil draws visitors into an installation consisting of rich visual as well as audio components, leaving it up to them to answer the questions raised. A brief statement he wrote concerning the exhibition concludes: “If art is the breaking off of a 'moment' from time's flow and putting it in parentheses, then what time is it?”
Through 31 January.