- And The Curtain Rises
- A Play For Every Year
- Opera and Ballet Open With Haydn
- Pink Martini and Their New Album
- Back Again After 20 Years: The Yellowjackets
- 40 Writers, 40 Neighborhoods, 40 Books
- Left, Right, Front, Center: Books
- Like a Fairy Tale...
- A Centennial Tale
- Mario Levi’s Istanbul
- The Big Fish Don’t Eat The Little Fish
- Agenda November 09
- Extracts From Herta Müller
- A Passionate Collector For 32 Years
- Autumn Strolls
- Elif Bebek, Turkey’s Doll
- Turkish Airlines Offering Joint Flights With Asiana Airlines
- Turkish Airlines In Isparta
- Turkish Airlines Ankara-Izmir Flights Get Under Way
- Start Of Turkish Airlines 2009-2010 Winter Timetable
- Turkish Airlines Logo In Copenhagen
- Liquid Restrictions On Hand Luggage
- Buy From Opet and Earn Miles
- Corporate Travel Solutions From Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines Remembers Ferid Alnar
- TRT’s Tourısm And Documentary Venture
- Associate Consuls Of The World Gather In Izmir
A Passionate Collector For 32 Years
Semine Duygun has been saving all her plane tickets since she made her first flight in 1978. She has a collection today.
Each ticket harbors memories for Semine Duygun, who was determined to hold onto those memories and preserve them from oblivion in the fast pace of everyday life. Over time, collecting tickets went beyond being a pleasant hobby to become an overriding passion for her. Duygun, who regards her ticket-saving zeal as a way of protecting and preserving values, began by collecting dolls as a child. Eventually, she donated her collection to the Istanbul Toy Museum where it can be seen today.
Her airplane ticket collection has a special meaning for Duygun, who says she loves traveling by air. When she looks at the tickets, which remind her of flights that have taken her over the years to friends and loved ones as well as cities she loved and longed to see, a smile spreads over her face and her memories are rekindled.