- Welcome Aboard
- Mardin’s Gift To History
- A European At The Tip Of Africa
- Waiting For Change
- More Than A Club
- A Classic Winter Holiday: Uludag
- Interview: Yıldız Kenter
- The Short Story Flies High
- Cinematic Cities
- Turkey Opens Its Doors To Health Travelers
- Into The Future With Technology
- Little Dishes With A Great Taste Mezze
- Independent Filmmakers In Istanbul
- One Director Three Films
- Art at Every Step
- Serge Spitzer’s Gift To Istanbul
- Istanbul Gets Its Fashion Week
- Alternative Theater
- Like A Dream
- ‘Modern Turkey’ Comes To Graz
- Peace Concert In Cyprus
- Sarkis At The Pompidou Centre
- An Art Itinerary For Valentine’s Day
- Olympic Town Trabzon
- Three Directors Three Books
- Sema Kaygusuz’s Bozcaada
- A Valentine’s Day Getaway
- Istanbul’s Colorful Entrepôt The Egyptian Bazaar
- Carnival Time Rio De Janeiro
- The Emitt Fair, Hope Of Crisis-Struck Countries!
- A Valentine’s Day Present From Turkish Airlines...
- Turkish Airlines’ Shanghai Route Marks Its 10th Year
- Get Your Ticket A Week In Advance And Fly For TL 79
- Miro Sorvino Supports THY’s Charity Night
- Turkish Airlines Becomes Sponsor For Manchester United...
- ITB Berlin 2010: See The World In A Single Day
Istanbul Gets Its Fashion Week
Like its counterparts around the world, Istanbul Fashion Days has decided to call itself Istanbul Fashion Week from now on. This year it’s at Santralİstanbul, February 3-6.
Fabulous fruit of the combined efforts of Turkish fashion designers and the country’s fashion industry, Istanbul Fashion Days started out last August by welcoming 25,000 visitors in the cramped corridors of the Taşkışla campus of Istanbul Technical University. Nowadays, when the countdown has begun to what it hopes will be a world class event, Istanbul Fashion Week has beaten everyone else to the draw.
Hoping to attract more attention by starting a week earlier than other fashion weeks, Istanbul Fashion Week is going to take center stage a week ahead of the fashion weeks of New York, London, Milan and Paris. And when we consider that eyes are going to be on our fair city all year long thanks to its title as 2010 European Capital of Culture, it is probably not off target to expect that Istanbul Fashion Week is going to attract a lot of interest.
IFW ’10 comprises a total of 25 fashion shows, featuring the designs and ready-to-wear products of 10 designers and 15 ready-to-wear manufacturers. In addition, two joint shows are also going to be staged in support of young designers just starting out in the business. Nor are fashion shows the only trick up IFW’s sleeve. There will be Brandist boutique shows as well, plus Fashion Lab, in which 38 firms and designers are taking part. All at Santralistanbul in February.