- Welcome Aboard
- Mardin’s Gift To History
- A European At The Tip Of Africa
- Waiting For Change
- More Than A Club
- A Classic Winter Holiday: Uludag
- Interview: Yıldız Kenter
- The Short Story Flies High
- Cinematic Cities
- Turkey Opens Its Doors To Health Travelers
- Into The Future With Technology
- Little Dishes With A Great Taste Mezze
- Independent Filmmakers In Istanbul
- One Director Three Films
- Art at Every Step
- Serge Spitzer’s Gift To Istanbul
- Istanbul Gets Its Fashion Week
- Alternative Theater
- Like A Dream
- ‘Modern Turkey’ Comes To Graz
- Peace Concert In Cyprus
- Sarkis At The Pompidou Centre
- An Art Itinerary For Valentine’s Day
- Olympic Town Trabzon
- Three Directors Three Books
- Sema Kaygusuz’s Bozcaada
- A Valentine’s Day Getaway
- Istanbul’s Colorful Entrepôt The Egyptian Bazaar
- Carnival Time Rio De Janeiro
- The Emitt Fair, Hope Of Crisis-Struck Countries!
- A Valentine’s Day Present From Turkish Airlines...
- Turkish Airlines’ Shanghai Route Marks Its 10th Year
- Get Your Ticket A Week In Advance And Fly For TL 79
- Miro Sorvino Supports THY’s Charity Night
- Turkish Airlines Becomes Sponsor For Manchester United...
- ITB Berlin 2010: See The World In A Single Day
An Art Itinerary For Valentine’s Day
You may choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a brief getaway to a nearby resort. But if you stay in the city, you’ll definitely be glad you did...
A Young Poet’s London
Another alternative on the silver screen is ‘Bright Star’ directed by Jane Campion, the only woman in Cannes history to have won a Golden Palm with her 1993 film, ‘The Piano’. Chock full of spectacular landscapes, this romantic film, set near London in 1818, tells the story of the English poet, John Keats.
Grammy-winner Flora Purim, one of the big names in Latin and American jazz, will be interpreting the songs of Tom Jobim at the Istanbul Jazz Center, February 13 and 14. his concert in the Garanti Jazz Green series is worth going to just to hear Purim’s rare voice, which spans six octaves. Not only that but Airto Moreira will be accompanying her on drums, percussion and vocals and Luiz Avellar on piano.
Bring Along The Kids!
Making the kids happy is important too. And here’s a perfect opportunity: February 14th is the last day for ‘Mickey’s Magic World’. If you haven’t seen this musical yet, pack up the kids and head for Haliç Congress Center on the Golden Horn. The musical opens with Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy finding a magic book hidden in the attic and moves on to Snow White, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast’s Bella as it hops from one fairy tale to another. Fun for everyone.
Cavalcade Of Stars
If you say that cinema is the sine qua non of a romantic evening, then there’s a film just for you. Garry Marshall’s ‘Valentine’s Day’. The cast alone is a cavalcade of stars with everybody from Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel to Bradley Cooper, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner and Anne Hathaway. Not to mention Aston Kutcher, Queen Latifah, Shirley MacLaine and Julia Roberts.
Istanbul has a lot of special events on offer for Valentine’s Day, February 14th. Especially for art lovers. One of them is a ‘San Valentin’ concert by Ayhan Sicimoğlu and the Latin All Stars’, popularizers of the Latin sound in Turkey. Put together with lovers in mind, the concert starts at Ghetto at 10:30 p.m. Sibel Köse’s performance at Nardis Jazz is another concert featuring a special Valentine’s Day.