- Giant Productions In Historic Venues
- Faithless Again
- Another Tour Concert
- Now Within Easy Reach
- Now In Istanbul
- Two Concerts By The Cranberries
- Last Days For The Masters
- Festival On The Islands
- Capital Of Culture Agenda
- Just One More Reason
- Arcades and Commercial Buildings
- Festival Time
- The World’s New Museum
- Suggested Summer Reading
- The Heart Of Basketball Will Beat In Turkey
- Reha Erdem’s Kars
- Turkey’s Mountain Corridors
- Summer’s Cool At Şile
- Northern City On The Sea: Helsinki
- Anatolian Enlightenment In Art
- Turkish Airlines In Entebbe And Dar Es Salaam
- Turkish Airlines In Alexandria
- Shop&Miles Sailing Cup Gets Underway
- Our 77th Anniversary Concert
- Shop&Miles Is Ten Years Old
- World Youth Sailing Championship In Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines’ Cuss Station In Copenhagen
- Reception In Sochi
- Turkish Airlines Opens Lviv City Office
- Turkish Airlines Receives Two Awards In Pakistan
- Turkish Airlines Rewards Its Travel Agents
- Garden Party In Seoul
Giant Productions In Historic Venues
Eight different operas will be performed a total of 18 times during the month of July in the Turkish State Opera and Ballet festival, sponsored by Denizbank, under Artistic Director and Chief Conductor Yekta Kara.
Mehmet The Conqueror
Chief Conductor of the State Opera and Ballet, Yekta Kara is staging Giacomo Rossini’s opera ‘Mehmet the Second’ in a new interpretation titled ‘Mehmet the Conqueror’ at Cemil Topuzlu Open Air Theater, July 2 and 3.
Against The Wall
Filmmaker Fatih Akın’s Golden Bear winner, ‘Against the Wall’, will be at Rumeli Hisar on July 5-7 in a Bremen Opera production. Contemporary composer Ludger Vollmer will astonish viewers with his addition to the orchestra of traditional Turkish string and wind instruments like the bağlama, ney, zurna and kaval.
The Barber Of Seville
Coming to Istanbul for the first time, the Berlin Opera is staging Rossini’s ‘The Barber of Seville’ at Cemil Topuzlu Open Air Theater, July 8 and 9. Katharina Thalbach is director of the production.
Georg Friedrich Handel’s three-act opera, ‘Imeneo’, with libretto by Silvio Stampigla, is coming to art lovers at Rumeli Hisar on July 10 and 11 in an Izmir State Opera and Ballet production directed by Mehmet Ergüven.
Well-known to opera lovers, Aida is being staged in Istanbul by the Ankara State Opera and Ballet, their first production of the opera in the city. The opera, which was specially composed by Italian composer Giuseppe Verdi for the opening of the Cairo Opera in Egypt, will be performed at Cemil Topuzlu Open Air Theater, July 13 and 14.
Like Mozart’s ‘Abduction from the Seraglio’, ‘Zaide’ is another opera about Turks. Directed by Aytaç Manizade, it will be at Topkapı Palace, July 16-18, in a production by the Antalya State Opera and Ballet.
The Abduction From The Seraglio
Mozart’s celebrated opera on the subject of Turks, ‘The Abduction from the Seraglio’ is on at Yıldız Palace, July 19-21. The orchestra of the Samsun State Opera and Ballet will provide the accompaniment for the work, which is being performed by members of the Istanbul and Ankara State Opera and Ballet.