- The Future of Travel
- Interacting The Interface
- Caroline Wozniacki
- A New Definition Of Comfort
- A City Calling Out From On High
- Traditional Turkish Architecture And Th3 Myst3ry 0f Numb3r8
- Istanbul Capital Of The World
- Winter’s Artichoke Celeriac
- Western Civilization’s Last Stop
- Cinematic Travels
- Kobe Bryant, Brand Ambassador
- Advertiser Of The Year
- Star Alliance And Round The World
- Domestic Route Gift For 10,000 Miles
- Turkish Airlines, Rising Star Of The Far East
- In Miniature Wonderland
- Turkish Airlines In Bangladesh And Vietnam
- A New Concept From Turkish Airlines’ Izmir Office
- 2011 Ushered In Hungary
Winter In The Mountains: Davraz
Winter sports center of Isparta and Turkey’s address for lakes and roses, Davraz Is ready for the season wIth Its luxury hotels and European-standard mechanIcal Facilities.
It’s a real thrill to glide down the snowy slopes towards Eğirdir, one of the Mediterranean region’s biggest and most beautiful lakes. A total of nine pistes from half a kilometer to nine kilometers in length cater to skiers at every level of skill. Activities such as the Alpine and Northern Disciplines, tour skiing and snowboarding are all available at Davraz, so the choice is up to you. The center’s longest mechanical facility is the 1211-meter chairlift, aka ‘The First Stage’. The Second Stage consists of a 920-meter chairlift and a 624-meter skilift.
Not only that but the center also boasts two baby lifts. Reaching an altitude of 2,150 meters, the mechanical lifts can carry 2,500 people per hour. According to Ömer Tetik, who is in charge of the Davraz Winter Sports and Infrastructure Association, the ideal season for skiing at the center is from January 1st to March 30th. Snow cover at Davraz never falls below one meter in January and February. As for lodging, three different establishments offering a total of 500 beds are available in the hotel district at 1,650 meters, the most luxurious among them offering four-star accommodation.
Even if you have no experience with skiing, that’s no obstacle at the center, where restaurant, ski room and cafeteria are open throughout the season. You can rent all the ski equipment you need as well as receiving instruction from experienced hands. What’s more, a medical team are always ready and waiting in case of an accident or other emergency. In short, Davraz is ready for winter fun. Off we go to the mountains!