- A Voice As Clear As Ice
- A romantic piece on Turkey
- Green Africa: Ethiopia
- The Future of ArchItecture
- Black Sea Mesopotamia: The Hittite Basin
- Smart, Aristoctratic, Cultured England
- Ramadan Splendor In Istanbul
- Two Cultures One Love
- They Must Be Extraterrestrials!
- Istanbul’s Daughter, İzmir’s Sister Thessal
- From Sirkeci To Yedikule Istanbul Through A Train Window
- Nature’s Fresh Herbs
- The Heart Of Istanbul Beats To Jazz
- Istanbul Rocks
- Friendship Stories
- In Praise Of Depression By Alptekin
- 20 Days 19 Performances
- Paradise On Video
- There’s A Museum At Zeugma Now!
- Antakya’s Crowning Glory: Daphne
- World Tour In Five Questions
- Heroes Invade San Diego
- The Tour De France
- The Anatolia Reportages By Yaşar Kemal
- Derviş Zaim’s Prague
- Three Books About Cities
- Land Of Minstrels
- Culture Cities Of The North
20 Days 19 Performances
THE ISTANBUL INTERNATIONAL OPERA FESTIVAL JULY 1 TO 21 IS BRINGING OPERA LOVERS A TOTAL OF 19 PERFORMANCES.
Held this year for the second time by the Turkish State Opera and Ballet, the Istanbul International Opera Festival’s biggest attraction is mezzo soprano Elina Garanca’s concert, under the direction of conductor Marc Chichon, at Haghia Eirene on July 13th.
With participation by the State Opera and Ballet of Ankara, Istanbul, Izmir, Mersin, Antalya and Samsun as well as leading ensembles like the Munich Gartnerplatztheater and the Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe, the festival features eight different opera productions.
Fatih the Conqueror - July 1, Cemil Topuzlu Open Air Theater
Murat IV - July 2-3, Topkapı Palace
Tosca - July 4, Cemil Topuzlu Open Air Theater
The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny - July 6-7, Rumeli Hisar
The Abduction from the Seraglio - July 8-12, Yıldız Palace
Elina Garanca Gala Concert - July 13, Haghia Eirene
Aşk-ı Memnu - July 15-17, Yıldız Palace
Zaide - July 18-20, Topkapı Palace
L’Italiana in Algeri - July 21, Sütlüce Golden Horn Convention Center
Giacomo Puccini’s opera in three acts, Tosca is at the 18th Aspendos International Opera and Ballet Festival. Tosca will be performed at Aspendos near Antalya the evening of July 2nd in an interpretation by Kazakhstan’s Abay State Academic Opera and Ballet.