- A Voice As Clear As Ice
- A romantic piece on Turkey
- Green Africa: Ethiopia
- The Future of ArchItecture
- Black Sea Mesopotamia: The Hittite Basin
- Smart, Aristoctratic, Cultured England
- Ramadan Splendor In Istanbul
- Two Cultures One Love
- They Must Be Extraterrestrials!
- Istanbul’s Daughter, İzmir’s Sister Thessal
- From Sirkeci To Yedikule Istanbul Through A Train Window
- Nature’s Fresh Herbs
- The Heart Of Istanbul Beats To Jazz
- Istanbul Rocks
- Friendship Stories
- In Praise Of Depression By Alptekin
- 20 Days 19 Performances
- Paradise On Video
- There’s A Museum At Zeugma Now!
- Antakya’s Crowning Glory: Daphne
- World Tour In Five Questions
- Heroes Invade San Diego
- The Tour De France
- The Anatolia Reportages By Yaşar Kemal
- Derviş Zaim’s Prague
- Three Books About Cities
- Land Of Minstrels
- Culture Cities Of The North
LEGENDARY ROCK BAND BON JOVI AND BRITISH HEAVY METAL BAND MOTÖRHEAD ARE IN ISTANBUL THIS JULY.
Starting with the U.S. rock group Maroon 5, the rock and heavy metal craze will continue all month with concerts by Interpol followed by Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Alice Cooper, In Flames and Mastodon in the Sonisphere Festival.
The band, which will be at the TT Arena on July 8 as part of a Greatest Hits Tour, is setting out with one Boeing 747 and 65 trailer trucks full of equipment. Last in Istanbul 18 years ago, Bon Jovi has sold 125 million albums and given some 2,700 concerts in more than 50 countries over the years, reaching over 35 million people.
Formed in 1975, by Lemmy, the band’s bassist, Motörhead made their debut with an album titled On Parole. It was followed by four more albums between 1979 and 1982, that inscribed the band’s name on the history of metal in gold letters. Coming to Turkey for the first time, the band will take the Rock’n Coke stage on July 16.
Another group appearing in Turkey for the first time, Limp Bizkit is one of the bands that have popularized Rap-Metal around the world. Attracting attention especially with George Michael’s ‘Faith’ on their first album, they are continuing their ascent. Limp Bizkit will follow Motörhead on the Rock’n’Coke stage July 16.
JUDAS PRIEST & WHITESNAKE
Two big names in heavy metal, Judas Priest and Whitesnake will be at Maçka Küçükçiftlik Park on July 10. The concert is important as a last chance to see Judas Priest, who have announced they are going to break up.
MAÇKA KÜÇÜKÇİFTLİK PARK
5 July - Elton John
10 July - Skunk Anansie, Judas Priest & Whitesnake
28 July - Duran Duran
8 July - Bon Jovi