- On The Literary Trail: Istanbul’s Islands
- On Social Climbing
- Plan B In Venice
- The Turkish Airlines Informatics Orchestra
- Going Nuts Over Pine Nuts
- Rewriting The Iliad
- 6 Clover Leaf
- On The Renaissance Trail
- A cup of Coffe
- Qatar’s Cultura Star
- Pioneer Of Private Museology In Turkey
- Dancing With The Wind
- Rock Fest In Germany
- Istanbul’s Closed Doors Are Being Opened
- Journeys Into The Distance
- Amy Winehouse And Her Big Band
- One Sees Miniatures, The Other Dinosaurs
- Steel Eagles Of The Sky
- From One Continent To Another
- Can An Exhibition Change Your Life?
- Wimbledon Mania For The 125th Time
- Süha Derbent’s Nairobi
- All The Mornings Of The World
- City Of Poetry And Love: Shiraz
- The Wonderland Hatay
- Eyof Enthusıasm At Trabzon
Amy Winehouse And Her Big Band
ENGLISH MUSICIAN AND FIVE-TIME GRAMMY WINNER AMY WINEHOUSE IS IN ISTANBUL JUNE 20 ON A TOUR TO PROMOTE HER NEW ALBUM.
Dubbed the young diva of soul, Amy Winehouse was born in the North London suburb of Southgate on September 14, 1983, the daughter of a taxi driver father and a mother who shares her love of music. Growing up in Southgate, Winehouse took an interest in music from an early age under the influence of her relatives, many of whom were jazz musicians, and started composing her own songs.
Releasing her first album, Frank, a mainly jazz mix, in 2003 to worldwide acclaim, Winehouse was only 23 when her second album, Back to Black, made Platinum and changed the musical world forever. Rocketed to international fame when her albums were released in the U.S., Winehouse has five Grammies under her belt, including Best New Artist, Best Song and Best Album.
Currently at work on a new album, Winehouse will take the stage at Maçka Küçük Çiftlik Park the evening of Monday, June 20, accompanied by a big band.
A MODERN PINUP GIRL
A modern pinup girl with her tattoos, big hair and vintage clothes, Winehouse is a unique icon emulated by many young artists. Recently emerging British musicians like Duffy and Adele take their inspiration from her.
A hit single from Winehouse’s Second album, Back to Black, ‘Rehab’ topped the international lists. Her second album includes hits like You Know I’m No Good and Back to Black.