- On The Literary Trail: Istanbul’s Islands
- On Social Climbing
- Plan B In Venice
- The Turkish Airlines Informatics Orchestra
- Going Nuts Over Pine Nuts
- Rewriting The Iliad
- 6 Clover Leaf
- On The Renaissance Trail
- A cup of Coffe
- Qatar’s Cultura Star
- Pioneer Of Private Museology In Turkey
- Dancing With The Wind
- Rock Fest In Germany
- Istanbul’s Closed Doors Are Being Opened
- Journeys Into The Distance
- Amy Winehouse And Her Big Band
- One Sees Miniatures, The Other Dinosaurs
- Steel Eagles Of The Sky
- From One Continent To Another
- Can An Exhibition Change Your Life?
- Wimbledon Mania For The 125th Time
- Süha Derbent’s Nairobi
- All The Mornings Of The World
- City Of Poetry And Love: Shiraz
- The Wonderland Hatay
- Eyof Enthusıasm At Trabzon
Journeys Into The Distance
THE ISTANBUL MUSIC FESTIVAL, JUNE 4 TO 29, WILL BE CENTERING ITS PROGRAM AROUND A THEME FROM NOW ON. AND THE FIRST THEME IS ‘JOURNEYS INTO THE DISTANCE’.
The Istanbul Music Festival is taking music lovers on a journey through the world of music, from Mexico, Buenos Aires and America’s west coast to Spain, Venice and Russia all the way to the Indian Ocean. Held this year for the 39th time, the festival is welcoming such greats as Gidon Kremer, Yuri Bashmet, Patricia Petibon, Hilary Hahn, Renée Fleming and Christoph Eschenbach as well as one of the world’s finest orchestras, the Festival Orchestra of Schleswig-Holstein.
The festival’s Honor Award will go to one of Turkey’s leading composers, educators and musicologists, Muammer Sun, for his 160-member children’s and young people’s choir, his compositions, his published books and his folk music arrangements. Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award will be Gidon Kremer, one of the most respected and inspiring violinists of our time for his original interpretations of the great classics.
The festival concerts will take place at the traditional venues including Aya Irini Museum, the Archaeological Museum, the Tiled Pavilion and Süreyya Opera House as well as the Lütfi Kırdar Conference and Exhibition Center, the Galata Mevlevi Lodge, the Rectorate of Istanbul University, Istanbul Modern Museum and Santralistanbul.