- City That Speaks To The Heart
- Hong Kong Colors Of The Far East
- Jill Scott Music You Can Touch
- Focus On The Ability
- Winter Fun In Turkey
- Curiosity On Mars
- Between Two Curtains
- It’s Good We Are Doing This!
- Water, Air, Soil, Fire, Love
- Harbinger Of The Migration Season: Bonito
- Between The Pages Of History
- 5 Record-Hunting In 5 Cities
- On With The Classics
- Two Exhibitions In Pera
- Turkish Embroidery
- Treasures Of China
- Designs For Today
- Birsen Tezer Breezes Into Town
- Renewal Through Art
- From Dream To Reality
- Year’s Last Film Festival
- When It Comes To Conventions…
- Sultan Of Hearts, Hacı Bayram-ı Veli
- Three Years On A Canvas
- Batumi, Right Now!
- I Came, I Saw And I Loved It
- Maxime Chattam’s Paris
- An African Beauty: Abidjan
- Mumbai Monsoon Shopping
- The Far East’s Star Airport
Mumbai Monsoon Shopping
Its streets packed full of tIny shops, IndIa’s cultural haven MumbaI promIses a fabulous shoppIng experIence, most lIkely wIth some hard bargaInIng to boot. Here are a few tIps for a MumbaI shoppIng spree...
• Colaba Causeway is a must-see for its shops, where you can find everything imaginable from books to jewelry.
• You can bargain in almost any shop where you don’t see the ‘Fixed Price’ sign.
• Fashion Street in south Mumbai is a gigantic market specializing in export surplus goods.
• Don’t buy without first comparing prices for the same item in several shops. Be insistent when bargaining.
WHEN TO GO
Before the Diwali Festival of Lights (November and December)
At the start of the monsoon season (June)
WHAT TO BUY?
Natural stones and jewelry
Indian silk and cotton fabrics