- Love Is An Eternal Sun Yunus Emre
- Bridge Of Culture: Thrace
- Incomparable Beirut
- The Only Thing Worth Pursuing Love
- Fabled City Bremen
- What Good Is The High Bosson
- Shopping Days Are Starting
- We’re Not Going To Play, We’re Going To Referee
- Renew Yourself With A Summer Detox
- A Gourmet Treat From The Southwest Aegean: Carian Cuisine
- Lively Yet Melancholy Can Bonomo
- Destination Istanbul
- Sait Faik’s Istanbul
- A Letter To Freedom
- Cool Again: Istanbul
- The Green Giant Sings!
- Seven Sensations One Stage
- Moving To The Garden
- The Tour Goes On
- With Mom In Istanbul
- Sports And Art Festival
- One Heart One Purpose
- Emin Alper’s Ermenek
- Head In The Clouds: Ağrı
- Golf On The French Riviera
- 2012 European Capitals Of Cultures
- Intersection Of Four Countries: Maribor
- City Of Music: Leipzig
- Sails Unfurled At Istanbul!
- Port Of Entry To The Big Apple
- Saving Energy in 5 Steps
- Back To The Future : 3-D Printing
- Aaaccchhooo! Spring Is Here!
- Oral Health On Board
- Ships Of Wax In A Sea Of Fire
Sails Unfurled At Istanbul!
IT’S SAILING SEASON IN ISTANBUL, AND HERE ARE SOME COURSE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THOSE KEEN TO DISCOVER THE CITY’S INIMITABLE BEAUTY BY SKIMMING ACROSS ITS WATERS.
Summer courses have already started at Fenerbahçe Point, one of Istanbul’s leading sailing centers with a century of experience. The four-week course includes nine hours of theory and 16 of practice. Start times are 7:30 p.m. on weekdays, and 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. on weekends.
Kalamış Marina has academies that teach sailing courses for different age groups. Convenient course days and hours are arranged jointly by instructors and students here, where classes in amateur sailing, yachting, night sailing, and basic and advanced sailing are on offer.
Sailing instruction is available year-round at Ataköy, location of Turkey’s first five-star marina. The 18-hour course packages include theory during the week and practice on weekends and are designed for groups of four or five adults.
Having hosted the European and Balkan championships in previous years, the Caddebostan Sailing Clubs invite enthusiasts to share in the fun of sailing. The 12-hour basic sailing course aims to impart such skills as safety, navigating, trimming and maneuvering.
EXCITEMENT ON THE BOSPHORUS
The 9th annual Istanbul Bosphorus Yacht Race gets under way on May 5. Organized by the Istanbul Sailing Club, the race will start from in front of Çırağan Palace and go as far as Beykoz. Around 60 boats are expected to compete in the race, which is held in five classes.