- First Turkish Sailors in Antarctica
- Ask Him About The Visual Effects!
- Eating Modestly: Working Man’s Restaurants
- Izmir The Beautiful
- Rose Comes Away First Champion
- A Turkish Representative Of Italian Cinema
- Jakarta: Always Hot
- Witness To History: Jordan
- Sharm el SheIkh: Pearl of the Red Sea Riviera
- Creating A Generation Of Readers
- Art Showcase
- Three Photography-Filled Days
- Gardens Of An Artist
- No Empty Stages Here
- Another ‘World’s Best’
- World’s Only Intercontinental Marathon
- Remembering Atatürk
- A Photographer’s Life
- An Encyclopedia Of Literature
- Heart Of The World: Bursa
- Ali Aydın’S Adana
- Dreams Come True
- Festivity In Turkish Gardens
- Cultural Adventure In Odessa
- The Middle East’s Up-And-Coming Airport
- A Painter Who Breaks The Mold
- Garden Of The Hejaz: Taif
Festivity In Turkish Gardens
Held in the dutch city of Venlo, the Floriade 2012 world horticultural Expo ended on October 7. The Turkish garden was a lively scene of flowers, children, awards and ceremonies throughout the 7-month-long Expo.
As the countdown continues for the Antalya 2016 World Horticultural Expo, Turkey has returned home from Floriade 2012 World Horticultural Expo in the Netherlands with success to make us proud. Based on the concept of a ‘World Show Stage’, one of the five categories that made up the theme of Floriade 2012, the Turkish garden was voted first among those of 44 countries. The Antalya 2016 World Horticultural Expo flag was handed over to Food, Agriculture and Livestock Ministry Deputy Undersecretary Erdal Celal Sumaytaoğlu, Turkey’s Consul-General in Rotterdam Togan Oral and AIPH Board Member and Turkey representative Osman Bağdatlıoğlu
CHILDREN AND FLOWERS
“Children and Flowers” has been designated as the theme of the Expo to be held in Antalya. Accordingly, 22 children who live at the Antalya Provincial Directorate of Family and Social Policies and the Antalya Foundation for Helping Orphaned and Needy Children were taken to the closing ceremony of the Floriade 2012 Horticultural Expo.
8 MILLION TOURISTS
The Antalya 2012 Expo is expected to contribute in a big way to Antalya’s economy as well as promoting Turkey. A minimum of 100 country gardens are anticipated at the Expo, which is expected to draw eight million visitors.
A MAGNIFICENT OPENING>
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and Turkey’s President Abdullah Gül and his wife, Hayrunnisa Gül, visited the Floriade 2012 World Horticultural Expo together and opened the Turkish garden.