- Antalya’s 7 Wonders
- The Friendly Face Of The Caucasus
- Amazing Stockholm
- The World’s Top Golfers In Antalya
- Changing The World Through Music
- Runfire Cappadocia Turkey’s First Desert Marathon
- A Modern Evliya Çelebi
- Seafood Among The Ottomans
- Vietnam The Far East’s New Favorite
- A Genius In Istanbul
- Istanbul Is Kicking Off The Season
- Thinking To See
- From Berlin With Love
- In The Name Of The Magic Flute
- Salt Trio
- Opera’s Young Faces
- Beyond A Circus
- Onward Without A Slip
- Bows, Arrows, Horses And Tradition
- The Bicycle Movement
- The Complete Works Of Yunus Emre
- Song Of The Euphrates: Malatya
- Fatima Spar’s Vienna
- Difficult To Describe
- It’s The Month Of Tiff!
- Your Far East Bag
- Heart Of The African Lakes: Kigali
- The Vikings In Four Steps
- France’s Biggest
- Environmentally Sensitive Accessories
- Born To Surf
Onward Without A Slip
Not A New Discipline For Turkey, Recently Ice Hockey Is Spreading Rapidly To Become A Popular Branch Of Sport.
The Turkish Ice Hockey Federation (TBHK) marked its 21st anniversary this year. Joining the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) already in its founding year, TBHF first organized the Turkish Ice Hockey League in 1993. Twelve teams have been competing in two groups in matches played since 2005 following a name change to the Turkish Ice Hockey Super League.
The Turkish National Ice Hockey Team has been competing in the IIHF’s Group C World Championships since 1992. In April of this year the Turkish national team became champions in this category for the first time by defeating Luxembourg 8-1 in the final match of the World Championship, held in Turkey’s eastern city of Erzurum.
The future is looking bright for Turkey in ice hockey, a sport in which the country has chalked up some significant successes in a very short time.
THREE INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
TBHF’s efforts have resulted in three international championships being held in Turkey at the end of this year and next year. Men’s 2nd Division Group B games will be played in Istanbul or İzmit during April 21-27, 2013 between Bulgaria, China, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Turkey. Under 18 3rd Division Group B games will be played in İzmit during February 2-9, 2013 between Ireland, Israel, South Africa, Turkey. Women’s 2nd Division Group B games will take place in Izmir during December 1-8, 2012 between Bulgaria, Ireland, Turkey.