- The Winter Tourism Experience In Turkey
- A Thousand And One Nights In Pera
- Leading Lights Of Design And The Silver Screen
- Viewing Our Cultural Heritage From The Past
- Dhaka’s Absolute Musts
- Lord Of The Mediterranean
- Italian Horizons In 2013
- A Morning Ritual
- Young Communicators On The Eu Path
- Inside The Wooden Horse
- A Medley Of Cultures
- Al-Jazari’s Trick Device - The Perpetual Flute
- Winds Of Change From Brazil
- Journey To The Heart Of France
- Shopping Down Under
- Golden Bear In Search Of Recipient
- Pelin Esmer’s Kastamonu
- The Current State Of Tradition
- Once Upon A Time In Bursa
- Bayezid II: A Master Strategist
- Turkey Wins With Her Natural Beauty
Inside The Wooden Horse
STEP INTO A WORLD OF MYTH AND LEGEND AMIDST THE RUINS AT TROY NATIONAL PARK, A UNESCO NATURAL AND CULTURAL HERITAGE SITE.
Some tips for your visit
• Stand where Greek soldiers once stood centuries ago inside the wooden Trojan Horse at the entrance.
• Discover to which period the different layers of settlement belong.
• Don’t miss the Temple of Athena as you explore the ruins.
• Savor the natural beauty along the section of Dardanelles (aka Hellespont) coast inside the National Park.
What: Ancient City and Nature Park
Where: Ezine in Çanakkale province
When: 3,000 B.C. -
8th century A.D.
Date added to UNESCO list: 1998
Beware gifts bearing disaster
The legend of the Trojan Horse has made the ancient city of Troy known around the world as well as being a popular subject of large-scale film productions. The arrival of a gift in the form of a wooden horse symbolizing plenty but actually filled with soldiers spelled disaster for the city.