- Summer Comes With Classical Music!
- Heed The Call Of Music
- 100 Depictions Of The Prophet Mohammad In Istanbul
- Keeping The Miracîye Tradition Alive
- Shades Of Anatolia In London
- Confrontation In Venice
- Adhocracy In New York
- Biennale Time On The Canals
- Erol Akyavaş’s Projection Of Life
- Sarkis’s Latest
- Off We Go To The Children’s Festival!
- Passing The Ball To Life
- Surprise Result At Belek
- Time Of White
- In Living Color!
- Shopping Latino
- Ushering In The Festival Season
- A Chosen Artist
- History And Opera
- Yunus Emre Turkey Tour
- Hello, Summer!
- The Rouargue Brothers’ Istanbul
- Keeping History Alive: Safranbolu
- On The Ocean Shore
- Scandinavia In Five Questions
- Wilco Van Herpen’s Kaş
- Documenting The History Of Education
- Smitten By The Bridge
Shades Of Anatolia In London
One of the UK’s most closely followed events, the Anatolian Cultural Fête is now in its seventh year.
A focus of growing interest since its inception, the Anatolian Cultural Fête is taking place this year at London’s Clissold Park, June 8 to 16, with Turkish Airlines sponsorship.
Welcoming 50,000 visitors on average each year, the festival features numerous events and performances showcasing the Anatolian region and culture. Besides sampling the tasty dishes of Anatolian cuisine, visitors can take in a concert by an Ottoman marching band, see traditional Turkish theater plays, and follow oiled wrestling tournaments at the festival.
NOT TO FORGET THE ANATOLIAN ARTS…
In addition to examples of classical Turkish arts like paper marbling, calligraphy and illumination, an exhibition of photographs of various spots around Turkey is also on in the Culture and Art Tents.