- Summer Comes With Classical Music!
- Heed The Call Of Music
- 100 Depictions Of The Prophet Mohammad In Istanbul
- Keeping The Miracîye Tradition Alive
- Shades Of Anatolia In London
- Confrontation In Venice
- Adhocracy In New York
- Biennale Time On The Canals
- Erol Akyavaş’s Projection Of Life
- Sarkis’s Latest
- Off We Go To The Children’s Festival!
- Passing The Ball To Life
- Surprise Result At Belek
- Time Of White
- In Living Color!
- Shopping Latino
- Ushering In The Festival Season
- A Chosen Artist
- History And Opera
- Yunus Emre Turkey Tour
- Hello, Summer!
- The Rouargue Brothers’ Istanbul
- Keeping History Alive: Safranbolu
- On The Ocean Shore
- Scandinavia In Five Questions
- Wilco Van Herpen’s Kaş
- Documenting The History Of Education
- Smitten By The Bridge
Summer Comes With Classical Music!
Part of our lives ever since the Istanbul Foundation of Culture and Arts (İKSV) was founded, the Istanbul Music Festival is taking place this year June 4 to 29.
The festival, which is supported by Turkish Airlines as official airline sponsor, is bringing audiences together with artists from Turkey and around the world in 25 different concerts. Based on the theme, “Time and Change”, and devoted to the transformations classical music and the festival itself have undergone over the years, the festival program is jam-packed with fascinating concerts and events promoting young musicians.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: muzik.iksv.org
OUR PICKS FOR YOU
OTTOMAN SOUNDS The Society for the Performance of Turkish Music gives voice to the rich history of Ottoman music. (June 5)
WORLD PREMIERE The Berlin Counterpoint Ensemble performs composer Kamran İnce’s Nasreddin Hoca. (June 19)
THE CLASSICAL STATE OF ROCK World-renowned pianist Ayşedeniz Gökçin reinterprets the songs of Pink Floyd. (June 28)