- Turkey Hits Its Shot
- Shades Of Turkey In China
- Let The Festivals Begin!
- Let The Roses Bloom
- Defterdarburnu As It Once Was
- Second Stop: Clay
- Art In Elazığ
- Classical Music On The Golden Horn
- Munich Loves You
- Forever Young, May 19
- Sultan Of Land And Sea
- The Work Of The Waqfs
- The World Is Speaking Turkish!
- Straddling Two Continents
- The Film Is About To Begin!
- Exhibitions Worth Seeing
- Hot Shopping In The North
- Redbud Time In Istanbul
- White Legacy In The Aegean
- The Conjunction Of Three Continents
- Romans Of Everyday Life
- A Master Remembered
- Shadow Of Istanbul Falls On Luxembourg
- Semih Sayginer’s Ho Chi Minh City
- A Legend That Came From The Sea
- Be A World Local
- Africa In Five Questions
The Film Is About To Begin!
A quiet town on the coast of southern France, Cannes is again hosting one of the film industry’s most prestigious festivals in May.
Considered one of the leading film festivals not only in Europe but in the world since 1946, the Cannes Film Festival is taking place this year May 15 to 26. Kicking off the festival, which screens films from around the world, will be The Great Gatsby starring Leonardo DiCaprio in this film adaptation of the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Chairing the jury for the Golden Palm Awards, the most exciting part of the Cannes Film Festival, is world-renowned filmmaker Steven Spielberg, whom we know from his unforgettable productions like Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan.
Turkey’s own internationally acclaimed director, Nuri Bilge Ceylan, took the Grand Prix at Cannes for Far (2003) and Once Upon a Time in Anatolia (2011) as well as the award for Best Director for Three Monkeys (2008).