- One of Turkey’s biggest brand names, Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines extends a helping hand at home and abroad
- Summer timetable includes four new routes
- Try the new routes for just TL 49!
- First golf tour group from South Korea
- Turkish Airlines announcement
- Pakistan Minister of Tourism visits Turkish Airlines
- 111’s of the month
- Three flights daily to Konya
- Turkish Airlines attends ITB Berlin Fair
- 18th March Martyrs commemorated
- Turkish Airlines supports AKUT
- Turkish Airlines promotes flights to Lagos
First golf tour group from South Korea
With a population of 48 million, South Korea boasts 20 million golf enthusiasts, three million of whom are also players.
Some 1,900,000 South Koreans travel abroad every year to play golf, and 100,000 of them visit Turkey for cultural and religious tourism. Recognizing this tourism potential, Turkish Airlines and TÜRSAB went into action last year to offer the South Korean market packages combining golf and cultural tourism.
In a cooperation involving the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Turkish Airlines, TÜRSAB, TGF and Hello Tourism, 20 travel agents from South Korea were invited to Turkey last September. During their visit they were offered packages that combine golf and cultural tourism in a promotion of all the golf clubs in Istanbul and Antalya.
Following the promotion the golf clubs of Antalya hosted the first golf tour group from South Korea in February. The South Korean tourists, who found the courses to be at international standards and who left Turkey with unforgettable memories, said they would be back again this fall to try out the new courses where they didn’t get a chance to play on their first visit.