- Independent films at !fistanbul!
- A whiff of China in Istanbul
- Two prizes for Turkey in the Dakar Rally
- International environment conference in Lefkoşa
- Award goes to ATM Dalaman International Terminal
- Istanbul through the eyes of two poets
- Discovering Sinan in Istanbul
- Music of the world at Iş Sanat
- garajistanbul, a new Istanbul art center
- Three new exhibitions at Pera Museum
- Istanbul in travel diaries
- Turkey through the Magnum lens
- Unforgettable nights at the Ankara Palas
- Abdülcanbaz in Izmir
- Nostalgic journey at the Gallery of Communications
- ‘Cats, Dogs, Birds’
- Traditional and modern side by side
New A320 flight simulator in service
In addition to the three already existing flight simulators at its flight training center, Turkish Airlines recently put a new Thales A320 flight simulator equipped with the latest technology at the service of the country’s national and international airlines.
The opening ceremony for the Thales A320 was held at the Turkish Airlines Flight Training Center and attended by the airline’s chairman of the board Dr. Candan Karlıtekin, its president Temel Kotil, Ph.D., and Turkey’s General Director of Civil Aviation Dr. Ali Arıduru.
Speaking at the ceremony, Kotil said that the airline stood to make a significant income from putting the A320 into service, adding, “We view the A320 simulator as an investment.”
The Thales A320 simulator has been certified at the highest level as fully compatible with the aircraft. The certification was earned following tests carried out on 18-21 December by Turkish and British civil aviation authorities.