- 2008 IATA Congress in Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines, sponsor of faces and scenes
- Turkish Airlines meets Airmax
- Turkish Airlines makes net first quarter profit of TL 40.6 million
- 111’s of the month
- Kyrgyzstan delegation visits Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines holds a promotional meeting in Düsseldorf
- Additional flights to Sana’a
- Frequent flyer partnership with Austrian Airlines
- Promotion of Turkey held in Kiev
- Turkey is promoted in Iran
- Turkish Airlines organizes travel agents meeting in Tunis
- Celebrating forty years in Switzerland
- Prishtina flights enter sixth year
- Promotion of Stuttgart, city of finance
- Eskişehir flights begin
- Turkish Airlines’ new CIP Lounge goes into service in Izmir
Celebrating forty years in Switzerland
Lending its support in May to a series of Turkish activities held in Switzerland, Turkish Airlines put its signature on several promotional events organized on the anniversary of its first flight to the country forty years ago.
First of all, at a meeting with travel agents, chaired by Turkish Airlines’ Deputy Board Chairman Hamdi Topçu and held at Zurich’s Unige Airport, a study was done of Switzerland’s market needs and improvements that could be made. While plaques were presented to the three top agents in Zurich, Geneva and Basel in 2006, another agency was given a plaque of appreciation on behalf of TİSAB for sharing valuable information about the Swiss market. Thousands of Turks and Swiss also joined in the celebrations organized in the garden of the Landes Museum on 19 May Youth and Sports Day. Turkey’s touristic centers and key companies operating in the tourism and travel sectors were promoted in the ‘Turkey Academy’ road show that was held at the Offices of the Tourism Attaché in Zurich and Basle as part of the activities [promotion of Turkey was in the foreground].
Turkish Airlines also provided transportation free of charge to all the artists taking part in the festivities marking the airline’s 40th year in Switzerland.