- ‘Respect for Humans’ award goes to Turkish Airlines
- Pay and Fly: Internet banking on Turkish Airlines
- 111’s of the month
- Turkish Airlines lends support to the Red Crescent
- Turkish Airlines achieves 20% growth in one year
- Turkish Airlines’ ‘mystery shoppers and volunteer observers’
- Turkish Airlines’ website captures two awards
- Promotional tour to Yemen by Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines achieves 20% growth in one year
Results for Turkish Airlines’ traffic for 2006 were announced on the Istanbul Stock Exchange on 16 February.
Bringing its number of passengers carried up from 14 million in 2005 to 17 million in 2006, the airline chalked up a growth rate of 19.4% for the year. The world’s 27th largest airline at present with a fleet of 102 airplanes, Turkish Airlines has also enlarged its market share. With the 23 new routes it introduced in 2006, the airline now flies to 131 destinations around the world. Similarly, it upped the number of landings it made by 21.1% from 125,992 in the Jan-Dec period of 2005 to 152,536 in the same period of 2006. Developing its cargo transport as well, Turkish Airlines carried a total of 159,873 tons of cargo and mail in 2006, up by 10.3% from 144,974 tons in 2005.