- Biennale time in Istanbul
- Phaselis music festival enters fifth year
- Şişli Symphony Orchestra in Strasbourg
- Rock festival to begin
- Galata photographs at Istanbul Modern
- Selections from a decade
- Pistacchio Art and Culture Festival
- Blind date
- Finnish glass in Istanbul
- Dance and music come together
- City of a hundred names
- Pages that speak…
- September highs at GG
- Modern art days at Unkapanı
- Designers on the Galata Bridge
- A new gallery at Tepebaşı
- Mustafa Horasan’s ‘Control Room’
- Santralistanbul is opening!
- Pierre Loti’s marionettes
- Hybrid Narratives
Turkish Airlines sponsors Golf Tournament of Stars
The fourth tournament of the season in the League of Stars was held at the Istanbul Golf Club in July.
Besides golfers from Istanbul’s three golf clubs, a total of two hundred golfers from the clubs of Ankara, Erzurum, Ağrı and Ardahan also competed in the tournament, for which Turkish Airlines furnished transportation sponsorship. The top four star golfers were awarded prizes in the various categories of the competition by David Kearney, the new Head Trainer of the National Team, and Federation Board of Directors members İsmet Aktekin, Nasut Akosman, Kadir Aydın and Murat Afşar. Speaking about the tournament, Turkish Golfing Federation President Ahmet Ağaoğlu said he was pleased to see that golf was attracting more interest in Turkey every day. He announced that they would work together to offer young people more opportunities and to increase the potential for golf in Turkey. Now that David Kearney has been appointed head trainer of the national team, he will come to Turkey every month to prepare the team for the future. Kearney’s travel will be handled by direct Turkish Airlines flights from Dublin.