- Partnership agreement with All Nippon Airlines
- Turkish Airlines continues to add more flights
- Istanbul-Sinop flights get under way
- Turkish Airlines offers Istanbul tour for transit passengers
- Foundation laid for Turkish Airlines Engine Maintenance Center
- Turkish Airlines opens Amasya-Merzifon Airport
Partnership agreement with All Nippon Airlines
Offering its passengers flight alternatives is one of Turkish Airlines' top priorities.
The airline has therefore signed a code share agreement with Japan's All Nippon Airlines, a co-member of the Star Alliance. Under the agreement, which went into effect on July 1st, All Nippon Airines will use its own two-letter flight code (NH) on Turkish Airlines four weekly Istanbul-Tokyo (Narita) and twice weekly Istanbul-Osaka (Kansai) flights. Since the two airlines' frequent flyer programs are linked through the Star Alliance, members of the All Nippon Airlines Mileage Club (AMC) and holders of Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles cards can earn miles as well as spending miles earned when traveling on either airline. As All Nippon Airlines' Assistant General Manager for International Relations, Keisuke Okada, put it: “We are very pleased to be working together thanks to our alliance membership, which is going to bring the Turkish people and the Japanese people closer together.” Details about the flights are available from any Turkish Airlines sales office, the call center at 444 0 849, or the website, www.thy.com.