- Partnership agreement with All Nippon Airlines
- Turkish Airlines continues to add more flights
- Istanbul-Sinop flights get under way
- Turkish Airlines offers Istanbul tour for transit passengers
- Foundation laid for Turkish Airlines Engine Maintenance Center
- Turkish Airlines opens Amasya-Merzifon Airport
Turkish Airlines opens Amasya-Merzifon Airport
Turkish Airlines has opened the airport of Turkey's Fifth Main Jet Base Group Command in Merzifon township of Amasya province to civil aviation.
Pointing out at the opening ceremony that flights were made from only 3 points to 25 airports in 2003 whereas today they are made from 7 points to 41 airports, Transportation Minister Binali Yıldırım said, “There are going to be airports at Merzifon, Tokat, Samsun, Uşak and Siirt as well. There are going to airports all over the country. We are making strenuous efforts to bring this about.” For his part, President Temel Kotil, Ph.D., said that the airline currently flies to 108 destinations, that Amasya was part of this network, and that this made them proud and happy. Turkish Airlines flies round trip three days a week from Istanbul to Amasya-Merzifon airport on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays.
For further details, 444 0 849 or www.thy.com.