- Partnership agreement with All Nippon Airlines
- Turkish Airlines continues to add more flights
- Istanbul-Sinop flights get under way
- Turkish Airlines offers Istanbul tour for transit passengers
- Foundation laid for Turkish Airlines Engine Maintenance Center
- Turkish Airlines opens Amasya-Merzifon Airport
Turkish Airlines offers Istanbul tour for transit passengers
Turkish Airlines is organizing an 'Istanbul tour' between connecting flights for foreign passengers arriving in Turkey from abroad. Rather than spending their waiting time in a hotel, passengers will instead embark on a magical tour of the city accompanied by special tour guides.
The tours, which are available during daytime hours only, will be twice daily, free of charge, starting from the airport. To take advantage of the service, Business Class travelers must have a wait of seven hours or more and Economy Class travelers a wait of ten hours or more. The tours are available daily starting from 9 a.m. and ending at 6 p.m. Sights include Topkapı Palace, the Blue Mosque, the Kariye Museum (St. Savior in Chora), the Hagia Sophia Museum and the Hippodrome.