- Bursa Book Fair to open
- Istanbul biennale goes to Mersin
- Festival air in Ankara
- March at the City Theaters
- TRT Tourism Radio promotions continue
- Terminal buildings book
- Exhibition of banners at Bishkek
- 2008 is Turkish year in Russia
- EXPO 2015 Izmir for a better world!
- A historical tour of the Anatolian shore
- Sultans of poems
- 100 streets from 101 writers
- This month at Borusan
- Contemporary jazz at FKM
- Izmir jazz festival
- Turkish Technic, Inc. opens its doors to the press
- Turkish Airlines is airline with least amount of lost luggage
- Turkish Airlines meets cargo agents
- Turkish Airlines and Seabus join forces for Istanbul
- Another innovation from Turkish Airlines
- 111’s of the month
- Turkish Airlines is 12-time sponsor of Emitt in 2008
- Turkish Airlines-Anadolu University cooperation
Turkish Airlines is 12-time sponsor of Emitt in 2008
Sponsor for the 12th time of the Emitt-Eastern Mediterranean International Tourism and Travel Fair, held 14-17 February 2008 at Istanbul’s Tüyap Beylikdüzü Fair Center, Turkish Airlines participated in the fair with a 100 square-meter stand. Dubbed ‘the biggest tourism meeting of the Eurasian region’ and touted as one of the top ten tourism fairs in the world, this year’s fair welcomed a record number of visitors and set its sights on making it into the top five next year.
Speaking at the fair opening were Turkey’s Minister of Culture and Tourism, Ertuğrul Günay and the Governor of Istanbul Province, Muammer Güler, as well as tourism ministers from several countries. Turkish Airlines Vice-President, Captain Köksal Köktuna, accepted a sponsorship plaque from Turkey’s minister on behalf of the airline.
Professionals and leading firms came together at Emitt, whose participants numbered upwards of 2500 with over 50 countries and over 130 provinces, townships and resort areas represented. Visiting the fair’s 10 salons, Istanbul’s holiday makers got a chance to tour Turkey and the world. With visitors in excess of 40 thousand on its first two days, which were open only to professionals. Government ministers, provincial governors, mayors, and tourism-oriented CSO’s in resort areas, as well as hotels, agents, operators, cruise lines, rent-a-car companies, entrepreneurs, and tourism professionals and enthusiasts from Turkey and around the world came together at Emitt 2008.
Since its inception, Turkish Airlines has supported a number of organizations that contribute to promoting Turkey. As one of the institutional sponsors of Emitt, it again made its support for Turkish culture and tourism felt through the mission and vision it has always espoused. The business class seats used on the Airbus 330 and equipped with the latest technology, which were exhibited at the Turkish Airlines stand during the fair, were met with interest by fair participants. Gifts were also distributed to visitors to the stand, and a knowledge competition ensured visitors an enjoyable time.